Friday, March 18, 2011

Earthquake Day 1 pictures

Trying to lighten the mood after the 2nd large earthquake while keeping my ears warm

Standing outside as soon as the 1st earthquake settled down






Every classroom had about the same damage...Everything that wasnt stationary flew off the walls. Luckily kids weren't there at the time.

The kitchen next to my office where I was during the earthquake


The weather on my way home to see the damage in my apartment


The weather 5 minutes later

Our food for the night...everything people had in their apartments

In our home for the next few days at the Immersion building

 Sorry some of my pictures couldn't upload. As you can see we were well taken care given the situation. I can't even fathom how lucky we were on that day. Its actually kind of hard to come to grips with it all. I appologize. I have very few pictures since these because I had no battery on my phone and no electricy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unspeakable Joy: My Summer in Kenya

Unspeakable Joy             Coming to the close of my 6 weeks of living out in the hills of Kenya, it is hard to really put into words ...