Friday, February 11, 2011

A photo booth on crack

The weird world of Japan never ceases to amaze me. Yesterday we went downtown to check things again. We first stopped at this huge electronics store. I've never been so overwhelmed by a store. This place was HUGE and full of signs and people everywhere, and of course random salesmen screaming at you in high pitched Japanese .  It had about everything you'd ever need. I even got to check out a 3D camera and TV which was pretty sweet. Of course when I'm looking for a new computer, I also want to pick up some appliances, make-up and toilet seats, which is readily available for you at this electronic store. One thing, Ive realized about Japanese department stores as they have a little bit of everything. Also, the top and bottom floors generally have some sort of food court.

Speaking of food, we stopped by this import store called Jupiter. I almost teared up as I saw good ole American BBQ sauce. Everything in that store is super expensive. In general, everything in Japan is very expensive. If you've got a hankering for some Mac and cheese, its 2 bucks a box. Name brand spaghetti, $4 a box. You bud light fans, its $60 a case. Its definitely a great option when I'm Jonesing for something American.

After the food store, we went and checked out this "arcade." It was literally a really bright room full of that claw game that tries to grab prizes for you. Apparently, they love that stuff in Japan. For only 100 yen a shot, you too can be dissapointed that you dont catch anything. Also within this arcade, was the most intense photo booth I have ever seen. On the second floor, there are about 20 photo booths and dress up clothes you can put on. These are great first dates in Japan from what I hear. You have about 60 seconds to go into the photobooth to take a bunch of pictures. Then, then you get about 60 seconds to go on the outside and check and photoshop your pictures. It literally is a photo booth on crack.



Irony? The English Journal completely in Japanese

The electronic store. Literally signs everywhere.

I love a good Happy Price!

Craziest puzzle I have ever seen. All pieces are the same shape and can be transformed into different pictures.

My first Pizza in Japan. Yes, thats shrimp on there.

fixing our photo booth pictures

Here are the photobooths. Its still so weird in my mind having a floor full of these.

Claw game

1 comment:

Unspeakable Joy: My Summer in Kenya

Unspeakable Joy             Coming to the close of my 6 weeks of living out in the hills of Kenya, it is hard to really put into words ...