Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hi my name is Greg and I'm a Stooopeed American

I had my first real yes I'm an American day (the fact that I call myself American just proves it. Technically I'm United Statesan). Friday night we went out got some groceries and a few of us ate our first burger in Japan. So I'm going to just turn this into you might be an American if segment of my recent adventures:

1. You almost die trying to walk across the street because the lane is a one way and you look the wrong way. (Luckily there weren't many cars coming).
2. You go to the store to buy cereal but realize all the have is Corn Flakes and Cocoa Krispies.
3. You try to give the cashier money and she's talking to you a mile a minute which you don't understand.(Your never supposed to give a cashier money. You are supposed to put it on a tray and they take it.)
4. When in public places you don't wear a surgical mask (about 80% of the Japanese seem to wear one of those masks everywhere they go.)
5. You actually crave burgers and get all excited that the only beer they have on tap is Miller Lite. (The Burgers weren't too bad actually)
6.  You buy lotion at the store and try it on your hands only to realize that you in fact bought facial cream.
not lotion

1 comment:

  1. Thats awesome greg, was the tray just on the counter top between you too? was it obvious that your suppose to put the money there or what? and how did you realize that was facial cream?

    ReplyDelete

Unspeakable Joy: My Summer in Kenya

Unspeakable Joy             Coming to the close of my 6 weeks of living out in the hills of Kenya, it is hard to really put into words ...