Sunday, February 13, 2011

Literally lost in translation

Today, I finally faced the inevitable...I got lost. Of course many people get lost in the United States. It wasn't a family trip when I was younger if my dad didn't get us lost somewhere and start cursing under his breath. Our day started pretty normal. Aaron (from WMU but dont hold that against him) and I rode the bus for the first time to Takamori where our other campus and some friends are. Luckily, he knew the symbols for Takamori because it was all in Japanese. I would have jumped on the wrong bus hoping for the best. We got there and checked out the mall with our friend Danielle. Afterward, we decided to take "a shortcut" to our friend Tiffany's apartment.

Well lets just say we started walking for about 15 minutes realizing it wasn't a short cut and were heading in the wrong direction. Its these points at life where you reflect on whether you are just gonna head back and take the easy way out or just keep pushing forward and see where it takes you. We chose the latter. what started as  a 5 minute walk turned into an hour and a half walk back to our campus, with a stop at a pretty sweet thrift store. Its amazing what you'll experience if you just let yourself go with the flow. I think thats what got me here in Japan. Some of these pictures would have never been taken had we not taken our walk.


A view of the Mountains from the mall

Got lost and found a huge thrift store called Book-off

A cool monument on the walk home

A beautiful view on the walk home. Those mountains always amaze me.

1 comment:

  1. I never admit to getting lost. I simply discover new things and a new way to go. Ask Aunt Ruth, she'll tell you. North, south, and the position of the mountains don't change; so explore and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Unspeakable Joy: My Summer in Kenya

Unspeakable Joy             Coming to the close of my 6 weeks of living out in the hills of Kenya, it is hard to really put into words ...