Saturday, May 7, 2011

Photos of my school and classroom

Its been great having my own classroom and to finally feel like I have a real job. This past week we had some time off to go exploring and I also finally got time to get into my room alone and try to actually figure out where things are. The interesting thing about my room is that I share the room with a Japanese kindergarten teacher so I have to clear out all of my stuff on a daily basis.  Also, she does not speak much English so trying to cooperate with each other takes an interesting turn. Both 3rd and 4th grade classrooms were moved to the older buildings where regular friends club meets (kids that come twice a week). Because of this, I have to lug my stuff from my office in the Immersion building to my classroom up the hill, going to have legs of steel by the end of the year.
The immersion building where most other Immersion teachers have classes and where my office is.

Sadly, not part of our school but a picture I took in Akiu on a day off. It was so beautiful I had to add it.

The building for my classroom

This is where they all take their outside shoes off and put inside shoes on. Also lots of cool fish tanks. Sadly, there were



My classroom

The door to my classroom: It says Tsubaki I think. Its some kind of flower.

How many schools do you know have a nice fireplace in between classrooms.

my board

The one bulletin board I get.

My classroom space.
 Its been great so far. Yesterday, we had an open house even though I only taught 3 days. The parents seemed very nice but it is difficult holding conversations because some of my students speak better English than their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unspeakable Joy: My Summer in Kenya

Unspeakable Joy             Coming to the close of my 6 weeks of living out in the hills of Kenya, it is hard to really put into words ...