Saturday, January 21, 2012

My New Apartment

One of the first things you'll notice when you come over to Japan, if you're provided housing, is that its pretty small. I remember when I first moved into my apartment going ok this is nice but where is the rest of it. During those first couple weeks where I had no clue what to do or where to go, I felt like I was going stir crazy. 

After a while, I just got used to having to eat on my lap while watching TV on my computer. Its easy to realize how little space you actually need. Which is what Japan is very good at. However, as I decided to stick around for one more year, I wanted to feel a little more at home with space and actually feel like I was living here and not visiting. So I requested to move to a bigger place. Luckily for me, MeySen does all the work. I don't need to try to figure out all the Japanese and try to translate etc. Basically, a huge headache is averted. They came through on an apartment that at first glance seems similar in size but has a loft where I can put my bed. 

I still have some things I want to buy. Its crazy how a relatively cheap move turns into a ton of money. I've also gone through and made a lot of mistakes on buying things I dont like. Here are some pictures of my slightly bigger apartment:

moving in


new closet without a rod to hang shirts

The kitchen

The bathroom with a tub that can automatically  fill water to a temperature I select. 

heated seats, sadly no bidet haha. 

My loft. Sorry mom I didnt make the bed. 

Mostly set up with my new TV


The ladder I'm afraid of falling off from. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Unspeakable Joy: My Summer in Kenya

Unspeakable Joy             Coming to the close of my 6 weeks of living out in the hills of Kenya, it is hard to really put into words ...